****We have moved! Please visit our new blog: www.dreamadream.org/blog

Support Dream A Dream

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Featured Volunteer- Medha Bhaskar


Medha has been volunteering with us for a year now and started off with the Learn IT programme. From being a support volunteer to a session co-ordinator who conducts and leads multiple batches, Medha has left no stone unturned in her attempt to ensure the children are engaged and at the same time, are picking up life skills. She has also brought in a lot of her friends and family to volunteer with us and with her energy has made a huge impact on the programme. Apart from this, she has also volunteered for the Sports and Adventure Programme and is ready to help out whenever the need arises.

Here is what she had to say:
I’ve always wanted to work with children; I knew couple of people who have volunteered with DAD, and DAD seemed to fit the bill perfectly. I had pretty high expectations and I’m glad to say it has more than ‘met my expectations’, I love going there.

What keeps me going is the thought that by volunteering, I choose not to sit around and complain about the deterioration of the society, but to take one minuscule step forward.

It is amazing how much I’ve learnt. The sessions are as much a learning experience for the volunteers as they are for the kids. I think one of the major things someone as a volunteer learns is sensitivity.

We wish Medha all the very best and hope that she has many more volunteering experiences with Dream a Dream.

1 comment:

Dreamweaver said...

You saying "What keeps me going is the thought that by volunteering, I choose not to sit around and complain about the deterioration of the society, but to take one minuscule step forward" will echo in my ears, will inspire me to take up bigger initiatives.

I am sure this will awake many more senses! :-)