****We have moved! Please visit our new blog: www.dreamadream.org/blog

Support Dream A Dream

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Water... Paper.. Color.. Glue.. Dreams !!!

A Volunteer with Dream A Dream's Creative Arts program - Sundeep Mylarapu shares his experiences.

--------------------------------------------------

The moment you hear Dream – A – Dream it invokes a certain thought in my mind (if I have oneJ), it is the common attribute each and every individual of world possess. But “Dreaming” and “To Pursue a Dream” are poles apart. The bridges that can connect these two poles are Self Esteem, Determination and Goal to give back certain asset to society. This is what Dream – A – Dream is all about for me.


It’s a great feeling to volunteer the Creative Arts; it has given me the vital experience to know children more and at the same time I learned a lot too. My comfort zone in arts is mainly music, dance and theatre but working with Sarah (Volunteer) made me open up in drawing and painting as well. Her ideas were very innovative and she used to plan her sessions well. She was very interactive and used to answer all my queries. It is important to mention about Holly and Prasad (Volunteers), the involvement of Holly and enthusiasm of Prasad really excites me.


My experience with children was awesome. Ananya, Vishwas, Sukrupa and Makkala Jagriti all were great experiences. Knowing children and tackling them was real fun and joy. An important point that I would like to mention is something that I learnt and felt- “All children are the same and should be treated in similar way”. They might be from any background but they all have the same innocence and curiosity. Their antics and gestures are similar. We should never make children feel that they are left out. Accept every child the same way and we must be a positive force behind them so that they become the future of India and this world.


My final say to Dream – A – Dream team is “Cheers for your good work J” and best wishes for the road ahead.


To bring colours into the life of more children, be a part of the Creative Arts Sessions. For more details, Contact Kiran @ 99453 81030


----------------------------------------------

With Colorful Dreams and Heartfelt Thanks to Sundeep

Namrata Agarwal,
Volunteer Manager

No comments: