****We have moved! Please visit our new blog: www.dreamadream.org/blog

Support Dream A Dream

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Are you living your life with Inspiration and Passion

I woke up one fine morning and rather than the usual hurried rush to office, I just sat in bed wondering, What have I done? A sudden wave of panic struck me, For it finally dawned on me that I couldn't go to the office I had been going for the last three and a half years. I had quit my job because I wanted to do something different.

I looked at my appointment letter from Dream a Dream and wondered what life had in store for me। I still don't know how I landed a job with them. ITES to NGO, something must be wrong with me. I got out with a million questions running through my head – How would the team be? Will I able to work in small office? Do they have systems and processes? I don't know anything about the sector; will I be able to contribute?

That was the start of my first day at Dream a Dream, As I stand today, 5 months later from that day, I only find it amusing. In the last 5 months, working with Dream a Dream has given me a lot more than I could ever imagine.

I learn a lot from the staff at Dream a Dream, Each one is special and unique। Like all of us, each one has troubles in their personal lives, yet they all come to work smiling. They treat their work as their creation and something that they want to nurture. Monetary incentive is not why people work here, because if they want they can earn much more some place else, and they all know that. Yet, they slog day and night, not thinking of how many extra hours they have put in. They may not have degrees from top universities, but they are all sincere.

They and I get our inspiration from our children, The smiles we see, the change we see, the success we see… we don't know how much of a child's development we are involved in॥ but we all work hoping that somewhere we have triggered something positive।

To work on this hope is not easy… it is possible only when there is Passion and Inspiration.

Passion for every day work. Where work is a way to reach one's heart and not just to sustain a living. Inspiration from the people around। The NGO sector is not blessed with many "professional" people but it is filled with people who have done what their hearts told them to. Each one has a story to tell. Some stories give me goose bumps. Some stories bring tears in my eyes. But all stories leave me humbled and inspired. Professionalism can be taught. Passion cant.

Passion and Inspiration. Aren't these the 2 things around which human life should revolve? Ask yourself – Do you get up everyday passionate about what lies ahead and inspired to live the day?

If not, are you living life???

Namrata Agarwal
Volunteer Manager
Dream a Dream

No comments: